Saturday, March 28, 2009

Matthew Williamson at H&M!


It's no secret that I have a thing for British fashion designers and Matthew Wiliamson is at the top of my fave list. And now the genius behind Kelis's bold and ridiculously fly green wedding gown is designing not one but two lines for H&M.

Yes, I'm serious.

WWD broke the deets on Thursday and I couldn't be happier about it. As much as I admire Matthew's talent, I can't afford his stuff (yet) so I honestly don't own any of his pieces. But come April 23rd, that will all change. Williamson's first, limited edition women's collection will debut at 200 H&M stores nationwide. As an encore, H&M will unveil styles for men and women by M.W. in all 1,700 locations.

Williamson shared with WWD that he was inspired by the idea of the colors of a peacock feather for the collections. Of course, he's turned to the peacock often in his work as he did for his Smythson of Bond Street collabo. The first limited collection is scheduled to feature cashmere, leather (!), sequins and embroidery and retail prices will range from $49.90 for shorts to $349 for a ruffle gown.

I just hope that I'm not disappointed with the looks up close in personal as I was with the Marimekko line at H&M last year. The prints were not nearly as rich and memorable in person as I had hoped they would be. I'll let you guys know how I do with Matthew next month.

Off to take a disco nap before I meet up with the amigos to go bowling. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

BigCNYC said...

I'm never anxious to try H&M's top designers for less lines, but when Target does it, you can't keep me out of the store. Based on your post, I'll see what Matthew Williamson's line is all about.

Unknown said...

Your blog is different from other blog and provide good information thanks for sharing. . .
movers packers bangalore.