I'm beyond swamped and quite perplexed about it being August 20th. I mean, seriously, I feel like summer just started. My nieces start school next week - GEEZ!
Did you get to take that fabulous vacay this summer? If you didn't, fret not. Andrea Adams, one half of the dynamic duo, Travelista, is offering a cool package abroad for the fall, but also has trips lined up well into 2009 so you have time to save up. Now we know the dollar ain't worth ish right now (thank you Mr. President) but Andrea is a seasoned vet when it comes to international travel so she can help any tourist get the most bang for her (or his) buck. I've posted some of the deets below. For more info, visit her site here.
From the Co-Creator of Travelista TV:
The Velvet Tour - October 23-31, 2008
The Girlfriend's Getaway to London & Paris
Priced from $2,900 from JFK, ATL, DC, LAX
• Double occupancy accommodations (single occupancy additional)
• 2 nights boutique hotel accommodations in London
• 5 nights boutique hotel accommodations in Paris
• Eurostar train from London to Paris, First Class
• Daily breakfast
• Panoramic tours of both cities
• Shopping Tour in Paris at world-famous Antique and Flea-Markets, and French boutiques along St. Germain des Pres
• Shopping Tour in London to Portobello Market and London boutiques for the latest in fashion
• Art Gallery Tour in Paris and London
• FIAC Art Expo in Paris
• Airport and train transfers by private shuttle
• All hotel service charges and taxes, and airport taxes
• Additional tours available at an additional fee
More Trips to Come....
December 2008 - ARGENTINA for NEW YEAR'S EVE
February 2009 - BRAZIL
April 2009 - NEW YORK, USA
June 2009 - FRANCE
July 2009 - SPAIN
September 2009 - ITALY & GREECE
November 2009 - SOUTH AFRICA
On a totally different note, how proud are we of Keeth Smart for helping the U.S. score a silver medal in fencing last week at the Olympics? AMAZING (that word so overused but is fitting for him) story. Yay for the underdog. Although being a young Black man from Brooklyn making history in fencing while mourning the lost of both your parents AND battling your own health issues plus finding time to attend B-school at Columbia just might make you anything but an underdog...