Monday, March 31, 2008

Still On My Bucket List...

The Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C.



Oddly enough, I haven't been. Ever. This is odd because I have so many friends, fam members and even a special... Well, let's just say I have a good amount of folks in the D.C., MD, VA area yet I never seem to make it to the festival. My girl T. who resides in P.G. County (a D.C. suburb) sent a text last week to inform me that the Cherry Blossom Festival officially kicked off on Saturday, March 29th and ends on Sunday, April 13th. Because of prior obligations, I cannot make the festival again this year. I'm actually scheduled to visit MD/D.C. towards the end of April so I will attempt to see what blossoms are left but it won't be the same. What a pity. Oh well, I will try for 2009...



But, in the meantime I am definitely planning to check out the smaller and lesser known Brooklyn Cherry Blossom Festival at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. It's the first weekend in May. Who knows, it just might rival her big sister's in the capital.



I'm sure many of you who have been to the D.C. festival are thinking, "It's not that serious B." True this might be but I still wanna go. These pictures are breathtaking and I need to see all those pretty floral blooms in person so I can tell my future grandchildren about it. Plus I'm thinking it smells divine to be surrounded by that many flowers in bloom. Or they might cause my allergies flare up and force me to sneeze like a maniac. Either way I'll have a story to tell.

What are some things on your bucket list and why?

No comments: