Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I’m On My New York Ish


Hey, the Giants won the Superbowl – I couldn’t resist that title!

Truth is, I’m not a football fan (at all) but Sunday night was a proud time for New Yorkers far and wide. I must admit I got more than a little pumped by the win. And who doesn’t like to root for the underdog? Which leads me to the real point of this post. (You really didn’t think I was gonna blog about football did you?)

Friday, February 1st was the official kick-off of Fall 2008 NY Fashion Week . This season I decided to request tickets for shows as a blogger. And I received some! Certainly not loads but enough to get me excited and make me do a funky little dance. Sure, dozens upon dozens of blogs are covering the shows and are now seen as reputable press outlets but who knew ole’ People.Places.Things could roll with the big dogs… PPT is sort of an underdog in the blogosphere. However, I realized a while ago that I’m a marathoner; not a sprinter. And this marathoner got herself a seat at the Vivienne Tam show. Okay, it was in the last row but still.


I managed to get second row at James Coviello!

So, I will provide a full re-cap of the Fall 2008 New York shows this weekend. I prefer to see everything and then access the trends to give a comprehensive overview. (Reading WWD, viewing style.com and watching the Metro channel doesn’t hurt either.) Fashion Week is only at the mid-way point but so far I’ve already had a friendly chat with the Simmons girls (Angela and Vanessa) at the Tracy Reese show, was forced to watch the Rock & Republic show on a monitor after a 45 minute hurry-up and wait episode and partied with Jermaine Dupri at the launch party for a high-end luggage (Samsonsite) line.

Only in New York.

No comments: