Friday, November 30, 2007

Joining the H&M Hoopla



Okay, so I wasn’t apart of the H&M hysteria surrounding Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney or even the recent Roberto Cavalli. Waiting in line for hours to purchase any designers clothes and possibly being injured in the process is not my idea of fun. Go figure. However, I’m totally excited about the upcoming collabo of H&M and Finnish textile firm Marimekko. Marimekko is known for their vivid prints and bold color usage and has been in the fashion game for decades. In fact, H&M execs plan to include popular patterns from the Fifties through the Seventies in this collection for Spring 2008. The line is slated to hit H&M stores internationally in April of next year and will include looks for men, women and children.

I’m super excited about the above illustration of the designs and hope I’m not disappointed with the real deal. There is an understated sex appeal to this sketch that I love. All the brown models definitely have something to do with my excitement as well. Will it be worth waiting in line for hours? I don’t know, but something tells me there won’t be nearly as much hoopla surrounding this collection since Marrimeko isn’t a household name like Cavalli and Lagerfeld. More cute sundresses for me!

No comments: